Rhodesian Ridgeback Breeders | Pinehurst, North Carolina (NC)
Introducing our littlest member of the team – Peanut. Don’t let her size fool you – she punches well above her weight limit!!
Peanut was born at just 6 1/2 oz. A few days in, we discovered she had a cleft palate. We tube fed her every 3 hours for the first 5 weeks of her life. She is on kibble now and growing like crazy. This morning she weighed 6 pounds 5 oz. Peanut is our little miracle.
Special thanks to:
- my gorgeous husband who has been up every 3 hours with me tube feeding, not to mention helping me with the other 7 puppies and 3 big dogs. I am not sure either one of us remember what its like to sleep.
- Dr James Watson, my wonderful Vet who is not only exceptionally talented, but has given us hope, guidance and the energy to keep going.
- Ann Hughes. My fairy godmother for her daily support and helping me keep things in perspective.
- Trinity Maurer. Trinity is more than our assistant, she is a part of our family. Trinity has been there around the clock coaching and encouraging us. Her experience has been invaluable.
- Elizabeth Jones for her friendship, knowledge and back up support.
This has been and continues to be such a team effort. I look forward to continuing to update you on Peanut’s progress. Against all the odds, she was a chance we had to take and she has been so worth saving.
Peanut just a few days old with Mommy – can you see her??
Peanut always loves to huddle on the top of the pile
Peanut loves her big brother Mr Blue. She has always sought him out for cuddles – right from the beginning.
Most recent shots – I am a big girl now!!!!
For more information on Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies, please visit http://www.millabellaridgebacks.com.
Have a wonderful day!